Hadrian is a school for primary aged children with a wide range of additional needs including complex, profound and multiple learning disabilities, severe and moderate learning difficulties, speech and language needs, physical, perceptual and sensory needs. We help all our children overcome their personal difficulties through highly trained and expert specialist teaching, through our amazing therapeutic curriculum and resources and our partnership work with parents/carers and health professionals.
Since opening in September 1999 we have had four ‘outstanding’ OfSTED inspections as well as numerous accolades from HMI, Arts Mark, Govern Mark and many other providers. We are uniquely positioned to develop and build upon our success having in place our own training company HEADS (Hadrian Education and Development Services) which provides access to specialist, high quality training all year round.
We strongly recommend that you visit school to witness our vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum in action and learn more about how we can support you in preparing our children for their journey through life.
‘Together we make a difference’.
Our school has a range of superb facilities and learning environments including the following:
- A bespoke Rebound Therapy Centre with nine full-size trampolines for Rebound Therapy and Trampolining with overhead tracking facilities.
- An interactive Hydrotherapy Pool complete with an extensive sound and light system.
- A Sensory Studio with high quality interactive equipment.
- A Space for Sport and the Arts complete with a full size Sports Hall and Dance/Music Studio.
- An outdoor Adventure Playground, Internal Playground, Secret Garden, Caterpillar Garden and Early Years Playground.
- A fully equipped Food Technology/Life Skills Room.
- Four mini-buses.
- HEADS Training Centre plus Conference Rooms.
- Parents/Carers Community Facilities.
- A fully resourced Thrive Room.
- A Sensory Integration Suite.
- An extensive Wildlife Garden with ‘Deck’, Mud Kitchen and Water Wall.